At Debricked, we are all about open source. Our main goal is to make it easy for developers to use open source in a better way and remove any associated risks. As our nimble start-up just got acquired by Micro Focus, we are now accelerating our growth and looking for a Backend Developer to join our team in Sweden or remotely in Europe (+3/-3h GMT+1). If you want to work alongside a crew of fun, driven, and supportive colleagues while getting the opportunity to influence and impact the journey ahead, Debricked is the place for you!
As a backend developer at Debricked, you will be working with large datasets covering all aspects of Open Source Software, ranging from vulnerability definitions to GitHub star scores. You could be working on extending and improving one of our existing products, such as
- an automation engine that allows the creation of highly custom rules that are then used to make assertions on every commit a developer pushes to their project
- an open database containing data on every repository on GitHub, including metrics such as popularity and contributions
- a tool that analyses call graphs from a project and identifies the usage of specific methods that have been implicated in security issues for a dependency
or you could be creating an entirely new part of the service. Either way, you will have a big impact on our team and product.
We use the latest tools and technologies such as PHP 8.1 and Symfony 5.4 for our backend, and Vue.js for our frontend. Because we are a startup, each employee has a lot of personal freedom and responsibility, with the possibility of influencing the product development
This role will be a great fit if you:
- Experience with a MVC framework such as Symfony and Laravel
- Comfortable with SQL
- A few years of hands-on experience
It would be a dream come true if you also had:
- Experience with Symfony
- Experience with using an ORM, preferably Doctrine
- Have deployed SaaS before to cloud platforms such as Amazon Cloud or Google Cloud
- Interest in cyber security and/or open source
Working at a startup is the best thing ever, but you need to be able to thrive in this special environment. To do this well, you probably need to be:
- A real "doer", getting stuff without anyone holding your hand
- Always seeing the possibilities
- Have the courage to be innovative, and always searching for our "next big thing"
This position can either be hybrid or fully remote.
At Debricked, you will work together with passionate, driven, and smart colleagues. We have a lot of fun together and there are many opportunities to grow. This also means that we work with the latest tools and methodologies in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to make a lasting and definitive impact in the company and help navigate the direction of our future. Apart from that, we offer several generous company-wide benefits including paid holidays, pension and insurance.