At Debricked, we are all about open source. Our main goal is to make it easy for developers to use open source in a better way and remove any associated risks. With close ties to Lund University, we take part in research projects, publish our own research, and have supervised a lot of thesis students in the past years. We are looking for students to join our team in Malmö to solve challenging and interesting problems alongside our crew of data scientists and engineers. If you want to work alongside a crew of fun, driven, and supportive colleagues while getting the opportunity to influence and impact the journey ahead, Debricked is the place for you!
As a thesis student, preferably a pair, you will work on interesting and cutting-edge problems within security, machine learning, search, or program analysis. You will be part of one of our teams, being supervised by not only a senior engineer but the whole team. We have multiple different ideas for thesis projects right now, please connect and tell us about your interests and we can talk about our different ideas!
A teaser for ideas:
- Build a generic code parser to construct sound call graphs and prune false positive edges with machine learning.
- UX and PoC of an IDE plugin that helps developers find great and compliant open source (with data from https://debricked.com/select/).
- LLM/Chat-based vulnerability triaging.
- Generating code fixes for breaking changes when updating dependencies.
This role will be a great fit if you:
- Love technology and writing code.
- You want to solve important and challenging problems that help developers.
- Likes standing in front of a whiteboard sketching solutions to hard problems with other smart people.
- Thrive in the culture of a startup, where the path may not be perfectly paved for you.
- You like to break things and fail fast.
It would be a dream come true if you also had:
- Experience writing code in Python, Go, Rust, PHP, or JS/TS (depending on what type of thesis project).
At Debricked, you will work together with passionate, driven, and smart colleagues. We have a lot of fun together and there are many opportunities to grow. - insert something specific about your department - This also means that we work with the latest tools and methodologies in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to make a lasting and definitive impact in the company and help navigate the direction of our future. Apart from that, we offer several generous company-wide benefits including paid holidays, pension and insurance.