At Debricked, we are all about open source. Our main goal is to make it easy for developers to use open source in a better, more efficient way and remove any associated risks. As our nimble start-up just got acquired by Micro Focus, we are now accelerating our growth and looking for a highly motivated Technical Writer to join our team in Sweden, or remotely in Europe (+2/-2h GMT+1). If you want to work alongside a crew of fun, driven, and supportive colleagues while getting the opportunity to influence and impact the journey ahead, Debricked is the place for you!
Please include a link to your portfolio or example of work in your application :)
At Debricked, we want our customers to be able to self-serve as much as possible, and therefore product documentation is vital to the success of our customers and for us as a business. We are looking for someone to own our product documentation which we are re-launching on a new platform, Insided. As a technical writer, you’ll be creating, maintaining, and improving our external documentation. You will be working closely with our Product & Development teams, combining your communication skills with empathy for users and product knowledge. Your work will primarily be written documentation but will also include interactive tutorials, visuals and recorded demos etc. Additionally, you’ll be assisting other departments with writing and editing technical content on topics such as Open Source and security best practices. This role will report to the Director of Customer Success and will work closely with multiple cross-functional stakeholders.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the documentation for our products is clear, correct, comprehensive, and easy to use. We are looking for an excellent writer with technical proficiency to help our users succeed with our rapidly evolving suite of Open Source Security tools. You have a passion for technology, and while you may not be a developer, you have a good understanding of ‘what developers do’, and ‘what they need’. You know that most technical documentation is boring and developers are super busy, but you are committed to and know what it takes to catch their attention with minimal friction to their routines.
This role will be a great fit if you:
- Have familiarity with programming and DevOps tools
- Have excellent English and impeccable grammar
- Have experience creating videos and gifs
- Have the ability to create captivating, easy-to-digest technical documentation from source code, technical designs/plans, and interviews with the engineering team
- Have an eye for content that appeals to and helps the user
- Have a good understanding of how developers work and think
- Are comfortable in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Have the ability to prioritize, adapt, and operate in unstructured environments as part of a fast-growing team
- Some experience in planning and executing initiatives, such as the launch of new documentation resources or documentation revamps
- Commitment to quality and accuracy in communication and writing, with the ability to translate complex technical subjects into clear and concise text
- Experience working with technical teammates, like software engineers or product designers
It would be a dream come true if you also had:
- Have an interest in open source, security, or development tools
- Are enthusiastic about UX and customer-centric content
- Have a passion for learning and teaching technical topics
- Have visual information design skills
- Have previously used GitLab, GitHub, Insided, and/or Hubspot
At Debricked, you will work together with passionate, driven, and smart colleagues. We have a lot of fun together and there are many opportunities to grow. CS is not just a department, but a way of doing business, and at Debricked, we all work with the Customer in mind. This also means that we work with the latest tools and methodologies in the industry.
You will also have the opportunity to make a lasting and definitive impact on the company and help navigate the direction of our future. Apart from that, we offer several generous company-wide benefits including paid holidays, pension and insurance.