At Debricked, we are all about open source. Our main goal is to make it easy for developers to use open source in a better way and remove any associated risks. As our nimble start-up just got acquired by Micro Focus, we are now accelerating our growth and looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team in Sweden or remotely in Europe (+3/-3h GMT+1). If you want to work alongside a crew of fun, driven, and supportive colleagues while getting the opportunity to influence and impact the journey ahead, Debricked is the place for you!
As an Engineering Manager at Debricked, you will be managing software developers across our Engineering department.
We are currently a small engineering team of 13 developers, split into two scrum teams, which will grow quickly in the near future. Most of the team are young with only a few years of experience, but great potential, so this is an opportunity to have a huge impact on their growth.
You will be responsible for a developers with a range of focuses across our products, and different specific competences, so your focus will be on their personal development.
Your specific responsibilities will be to
- Grow your team (both as individuals and in number through hiring), with attention to making it an inclusive and welcoming group
- Nurture your team members, making sure they are healthy and living their best life
- Look for opportunities to connect people and ideas that could benefit the organisation as a whole
- Together with other managers and the team, drive good engineering practises
- Provide coaching and ongoing feedback that empowers and inspires your team
This role will be a great fit if you:
- Are an empathetic leader, with a focus on inspiring and improving the people you lead.
- Have a background in development, so you understand the challenges your team may face
- Have managed teams of at least 10 people
It would be a dream come true if you also had:
- Have worked with a SaaS product before
- Have experience with PHP development
At Debricked, you will work together with passionate, driven, and smart colleagues. We have a lot of fun together and there are many opportunities to grow. This also means that we work with the latest tools and methodologies in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to make a lasting and definitive impact in the company and help navigate the direction of our future. Apart from that, we offer several generous company-wide benefits including paid holidays, pension and insurance.